Dear Faculty and Staff,
Many of you use video streaming services offered through the Student Success Center; the ending digits of the passwords have changed for the spring 2017 semester. The root passwords remain the same but the ending digits are now 201701. Please call the Macon SSC at (478) 471-2057 if you have questions regarding password changes.
Feel free to distribute the following link to your students: http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center/ssc-resources.aspx. If you want me (Paul Johnson) to add new videos or to remove old videos, please let me know. If you do not currently use these resources but are interested in streaming films or other resources for the courses you teach, please contact me to discuss the ways in which the SSC can assist you.
In addition to the streaming mentioned above, the Student Success Center and the Office of Technology Resources have partnered to provide Swank Digital Campus as an academic resource for faculty and students. Streaming through Swank is accessible through PCs, Macs, and handheld devices. MGA has a license for 25 Swank films this academic year. To request a new film for the ’17-’18 academic year, please peruse the Excel file to see the full Swank listing of 22,099 available films, and send your request to the SSC. The SSC lists Swank Digital Campus under “Resources” at the SSC site (http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center). The direct links to Swank Digital Campus are available below:
On Campus viewers (Chrome and older versions of Firefox are best):
Off Campus viewers:
The SSC provides the following services for tutoring across MGA:
- SSC staff members and tutors are available to speak to your classes at the beginning of each semester regarding SSC tutoring as well as speak to your classes during the semester about study skills
- A sample syllabi insert for the tutoring locations at MGA is attached for your use
- A notification system when your students go to the SSCs for tutoring: Please let me know if you would like your name to be added to the notification system
- Students can now schedule their own SSC face-to-face and online tutoring sessions through http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center by selecting “Book an Appointment” (this information is included on the sample syllabi insert for your students)
- The Peer Tutor Recommendation Form is now digitized at http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center/recommend-a-tutor.aspx
If you have any other questions regarding SSC resources or workshops, please contact me at the Macon campus at firstname.lastname@example.org, Brock Giddens at the Cochran campus at email@example.com, or Jeannie Ruggerio on the Warner Robins campus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of the SSCs!
Sample Syllabus Insert (Word document)
Swank Digital Campus Films (Excel document)