In light of the current weather forecast for Thursday, December 17, please be advised that we do have a rain contingency plan that calls for the following:
- Police directing traffic to allow for faculty, graduate, and live guest drop-off at the Recreation & Wellness Center (Gold Parking Lot)
- One member of each party would still need to bring an umbrella, go park the car in the Silver (East) Parking Lot, then meet the rest of the group back at the live venue
- Faculty and Platform Party would stage on the first floor of the Recreation & Wellness Center (REC) instead of the Teacher Education Building (TEB)
- Graduate check-in and staging would occur on the second floor of the REC instead of the Student Life Center (SLC)
- Planned procession across the lake bridge would be cancelled (instead, Duke the Knight would hi-five graduates as they reach the bottom of the steps in the REC)
- Group photo op locations would be moved indoors (both of them at SLC—one first floor, one second floor—so guests in overflow locations should bring umbrellas)
- Volunteer boxed lunch would be grab-and-go in one of the conference rooms at the REC (instead of TEB)
We will make a final determination by 8pm Wednesday, announcing full details and instructions on our website and via email to faculty/staff/students, social media posts, and text message to those graduates who have provided their cell phone numbers.
No matter the weather, we will have much to celebrate at our first commencement as a university!