Here are some important reminders and updates about 2017-18 Convocation.
- All faculty and staff are required to attend our second annual Convocation on Friday, August 4, 2017.
- Police Services and other essential operations employees can be excused by permission of the EVP Finance & Operations.
- Any other absences must be approved by your division’s VP.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
- Convocation will take place on the Macon campus in the Recreation and Wellness Center.
- Buses will depart from the Cochran campus no later than 7:45 am prompt.
- Following our faculty and staff picnic, concert, and cookout, buses will depart Macon at 1:00 pm to return to Cochran.
- If you will need transportation to Macon for Convocation, please send a message indicating your name and campus to OfficeofthePresidentRSVP@mga.edu.
7:45am – Transportation Departs from Cochran Campus (Sanford Hall)
8:30am – Continental Breakfast Available (Wellness and Recreation Center)
9:00am – Welcome – Nancy Stroud, Executive Vice President
9:05am – President’s Start of Year Address to MGA Faculty & Staff
9:45am – Employee Recognition Ceremony
10:00am – Staff Council Awards
10:10am – Break
10:30am – Meetings of Faculty & Staff in Respective Divisions:
- Academics – Recreation and Wellness Center
- Recruitment and Marketing – Office of Admissions
- Student Affairs – PSC 238
- Finance and Operations – Math Auditorium
- President’s Office – PSC – Board Room
- Advancement – PSC Room 239
12:00pm – Cookout (PSC Banquet Hall)
1:00pm – Transportation Departs for Cochran Campus (in front of Jones Building)
HOURS OF OPERATION FOR CONVOCATION WEEK
|Monday, July 31||8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch||8.5 hours worked|
|Tuesday, August 1||8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch||8.5 hours worked|
|Wednesday, August 2||8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch||8.5 hours worked|
|Thursday, August 3||8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch||8.5 hours worked|
|Friday, August 4||8:00 am – 2:00 pm: Convocation||6 hours worked|