Convocation 2017: Important Reminders
Here are some important reminders and updates about 2017-18 Convocation.
- All faculty and staff are required to attend our third annual Convocation on Friday, August 4, 2017.
- Police Services and other essential operations employees can be excused by permission of the EVP Finance & Operations.
- Any other absences must be approved by your division’s VP.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
- Convocation will take place on the Macon campus in the Wellness Center.
- Buses will depart from the Cochran campus no later than 7:45 a.m. prompt.
- Following our faculty and staff picnic, concert, and cookout, buses will depart Macon at 1:30 pm to return to Cochran.
- If you will need transportation to Macon for Convocation, please send a message indicating your name and campus to OfficeofthePresidentRSVP@mga.edu.
- 7:45am – Transportation Departs from Cochran Campus (Sanford Hall)
- 8:30am – Continental Breakfast Available (Wellness and Recreation Center)
- 9:00am – Welcome – Nancy Stroud, Executive Vice President
- 9:05am – President’s Start of Year Address to MGA Faculty & Staff
- 9:45am – Employee Recognition Ceremony
- 10:00am – Staff Council Awards
- 10:10am – Break
- 10:30am – Meetings of Faculty & Staff in Respective Divisions
- Academics – Rec & Wellness Ctr.
- Student Life – SLC
- Finance & Operations – Old Gym
- President’s Office – PSC – Board Room
- Advancement – PSC Room 212
- 12:00pm – Cookout (PSC Banquet Hall)
- 1:30pm – Transportation Departs for Cochran Campus
HOURS OF OPERATION FOR CONVOCATION WEEK
- Monday, July 31, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch, 8.5 hours worked
- Tuesday, August 1 8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch, 8.5 hours worked
- Wednesday, August 2, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch, 8.5 hours worked
- Thursday, August 3 8:00 am – 5:30 pm w/ an hour for lunch, 8.5 hours worked
- Friday, August 4 8:00 am – 2:00 pm: Convocation, 6 hours worked