| Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive the W-2 in an electronic format. Employees must consent to electronic delivery by Dec. 31, 2020. |
It’s easy! Follow these steps to consent to or confirm your current status:
1. Log into OneUSG Connect.
2. Click the Taxes tile from Employee Self Service.
3. Click W-2/W-2c Consent.
– If you have already consented in OneUSG Connect to receive W-2 or W-2c forms, your status will indicate “Consent received,” and no further action is required.
– If your current status is “No consent received,” proceed to step four.
4. Click the box for “Check here to indicate your consent to receive electronic W-2 and W-2c forms.”
5. Click Submit.
Once your consent is given in OneUSG Connect, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated.
Why should you consent to electronic W-2?
1. Online delivery provides access to your W‐2 statement earlier than the traditional paper process.
2. Online delivery minimizes the chance that your W‐2 statement will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or misplaced after received.
3. Employee-sensitive information is safer. Electronic delivery helps ensure that your W-2 is delivered directly to you and not opened/seen by the wrong person.
4. You can retrieve your W‐2 statements at any time of day and on weekends.
5. You can print multiple copies at your convenience.
6. Go Green! Contribute to institutional cost savings (e.g., forms, printing and postage expense).
7. W‐2 statements will remain online for multiple years. If you do not consent, a paper W-2 will be mailed to your current address on record.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.