Let’s Talk Sustainability
Environmental Health & Safety hosted its annual Let’s Talk Sustainability Event October 25 at Middle Georgia State University’s Macon Campus. The event provides an opportunity for busy students and faculty to learn how to save the environment and money by making small, effortless changes to their everyday lives. Here are a few ways that Knights can go green:
- Reuse Water Bottles
Middle Georgia State University provides water bottle refill stations on all 5 campuses. Allowing students to save money, conveniently hydrate, and reduce waste!
- Take Notes Electronically
Save money on paper purchases (notebooks, flash cards, etc.) and stop wasting paper at the same time by taking notes on your electronic devices.
- Water Saving Tips:
- Turn water off while brushing teeth
- Use low-flow shower heads and faucets
- When shaving, plug the sink instead of allowing the water to run.
- When doing laundry, match the water level to the size of your load.
- Energy Saving Tips
- Set thermostat at 78° F in the summer and 68°F in the winter AND LEAVE IT ALONE!
- Start using energy efficient CFLs or LEDs.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Clean and change air filters regularly. A dirty filter will slow down airflow and force the system to use more energy to keep you cool or warm.