Dear Faculty & Staff:
Middle Georgia State University will launch and celebrate the new 2018-19 academic year with Faculty & Staff Convocation on Monday 6th August on the Macon campus. The attached agenda outlines the main events of the morning’s Convocation. For those joining us for the first time, and to remind all who have attended before, here are the key details regarding 2018 Convocation:
- The Chancellor of the University System of Georgia, Dr. Steve Wrigley, is honoring us with his presence and participation in Convocation. Chancellor Wrigley will be delivering key remarks to us during the morning.
- Convocation attendance is mandatory for all faculty and staff. Vice Presidents may determine separately their Divisional requirements for faculty and staff participation after the mid-morning break.
- Transportation to the Macon campus for employees is provided by the University, and details of buses and other logistics will be issued separately.
- Breakfast and Lunch meals with be provided.
- The dress code will be business professional, per usual semester arrangements.
Please contact my office or that of your Vice President if you have questions.
I look forward to us coming together on Monday morning, and welcoming us to a new year!