I hope that everybody had a wonderful holiday break and I wish you all a happy New Year! Please note that we may be opening up the nominations to all faculty including those in non-tenure track positions (I am waiting to hear a ruling from the Senate about this). The more the merrier, so send along any nominations you may have to recognize your own or your colleagues accomplishments!
The Faculty Recognition Committee is calling for nominations for the Middle Georgia State University Faculty Excellence in Scholarship Award, the Excellence in Teaching Award and the Excellence in Service Award. We hope you will nominate those faculty members who consistently exceed our institution’s standards in these areas. Please note that the procedures for the nominators and candidates have been streamlined from those in past years (see below).
- The nominator must submit a one to three page letter (or email) of nomination (note that a candidate can self-nominate).
- Candidates for the teaching award do not need to obtain a letter of support from a student, and do not need to make copies of their teaching evaluations.
- The only additional materials that the candidate or nominator must then submit is
- current CV,
- a one-page summary of the candidate’s most notable achievements in the area, and
- a letter of support (or two letters if the candidate is nominating himself or herself);
- excerpts from monographs, books, or other scholarly works may be requested by the committee if needed for the Scholarship Award.
This posting is just meant to get you thinking about who you might want to nominate for one of these awards. The committee’s goal is that we get at least one nominee from each academic unit (which shouldn’t be too difficult a task since everybody works so hard all across our five campuses)!
The deadline for (1-3 page) nomination (or self-nomination) letters is February 12, 2016. Please email the letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Steven D. Wallace, chair of Faculty Recognition Committee