This position is responsible for assisting and coordinating the multi-campus operations of the Department of Psychology, Sociology and Criminal Justice. Knowledge and skills required by the position include knowledge of one or more fields within the Department of Psychology, Sociology and Criminal Justice; knowledge of accreditation requirements; knowledge of assessment and strategic planning strategies; knowledge of budget development and management principles; knowledge of classroom practices, teaching methodologies, assessment systems, and educational technology; skill in delegation of responsibility and authority; skill in making timely decisions; skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs; skill in decision making and problem solving; skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public; skill in oral and written communication.
- Assists the Dean in the development and maintenance of curriculum and courses representative of the discipline and supportive of the educational objectives of the college.
- Assists the Dean in evaluating, recruiting and recommending the appointment of faculty.
- Monitors student success, including student retention and progression data.
- Assists the Dean in developing semester course schedules.
- Assists in the development of the department budget recommendation; supplies data and statistics; administers assigned budgets.
- Recommends faculty for tenure and promotion as appropriate.
- Produces a variety of reports.
- Reviews problems between faculty members or between faculty and students.
- Teaches courses using face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning formats.
- Participates in the recruitment and advising of students.
- Assists faculty with matters related to professional development, scholarship, and professional service.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of an earned master’s degree from an accredited institution in a course of study related to the occupational field; experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department requiring three to five years of related experience.
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of interest and updated curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3/22/2016
A Unit of the University System of Georgia