International Education Week (IEW) is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is part of our efforts to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences.
The dates for International Education Week 2016 are November 14-18, 2016. MGA will participate in International Education Week via the following events:
- Friday, November 11: 1st Annual Internationalization Summit, 9:00–12:00, Jones 102, Macon campus. Kickoff event for faculty and staff interested in advancing internationalization at Middle Georgia State University
- Monday, November 14: Panel discussion: International Scholarly Experiences, 3:30–4:45, Math Auditorium, Macon campus
- Tuesday, November 15: Latin Dance Experience! Exhibition & beginner cha-cha lesson by local dance professionals, 4:00, Dublin campus Student Center
- Wednesday, November 15: 2 events:“Trekking in the Himalayas: Lessons learned on the Way to Mt. Everest” Presentation by Dr. Greg George, 2:00, Math Auditorium, Macon campus
Southeast Model African Union Participants’ Forum, moderated by Dr. Mary Mears, 4:15, Math auditorium, Macon campus
- And ongoing throughout the week: Study Abroad Alumni Photo Exhibition, Roberts Memorial Library, Cochran Campus