Staff members at Middle Georgia State University cast electronic ballots over the past two weeks to elect representatives to the institution’s new Staff Advisory Council. The Council will hold its first meeting on Wednesday, July 15 on the Macon Campus.
The agenda for the first meeting will include discussion of the proposed bylaws for the Council, which are available for review online.
The following Campus Representatives will serve one-year terms from July 2015 through June 2016:
- Cochran (3 members): Pamela Lockerman (Accounting), Patrice Sanders (Plant Operations), Lisa Whitaker (Georgia Academy)
- Dublin (1 member): Tanysha Campbell (Student Affairs)
- Eastman (1 member): April Daniels (Aviation)
- Macon (4 members): Sabrina Balkcomb (Financial Aid), Michael Stewart (Student Affairs), Nancy Tucker (Arts & Sciences), Ryan Tucker (Admissions)
- Warner Robins (1 member): Ann Williams (Library)
The following Division Representatives will serve two-year terms from July 2015 through June 2017:
- Academic Affairs (4 members): Jennifer Jones (Provost’s Office), Sandy Little-Herring (Advising), Benjamin Mullis (Library), Charles Smith (iTLEAD)
- Enrollment Management (1 member): Brenda Hogan (Registrar)
- Finance & Operations (3 members): Brenda Kirkpatrick (Plant Operations), Karin Sandlin (Plant Operations), Tyler Warren (Plant Operations)
- Office of the President (1 member): Jan Mimbs (Dublin Campus Director’s Office)
- Student Affairs (1 member): Amy Martin (Student Life)
- University Advancement (1 member): Julie Davis (Major Gifts)
In addition to voting for members, staff shared their priorities for the new body. Issues, ranked in order of importance based on those receiving the most votes, include:
- Performance Incentives & Compensation
- Community Engagement
- Professional Development
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Employee Diversity
- Use of Technology
- Other (Internal Communications, Campus Unity, Cross-Training Staff Across Units)
Congratulations to all of the new Staff Council Representatives! This is an exciting development in strengthening our University governance.
Chief of Staff Albert Abrams and Executive Director of Human Resources Lisa Burroughs will serve ex officio, as non‐voting members of the Council. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Albert.