Starting on Monday, August 19, Romeiser Drive will be closed for the Macon Campus road improvement project. See specific details below.
Throughout 2019-20, a number of construction projects will be taking place on the Macon campus. In addition to the construction of the new Lakeview Pointe residence hall and the new Enrollment Center, Macon-Bibb County will be working on several roads and landscaping projects on campus to improve pedestrian and vehicular safety and create a more inviting entrance to campus. The projects are expected to be completed by late spring 2020.
While this work is underway, there will be some changes in the traffic patterns on and around the Macon campus (see maps below).
Traffic pattern changes:
- The Romeiser Dr. entrance to the University will be closed
- University Parkway will be closed between the two entrances to the East parking lot
- Through traffic on University Parkway will be routed through the upper level of the East parking lot while the construction is underway
- Parking will be prohibited in the upper level of the East parking lot during construction
If conditions require it, University Parkway may be temporarily closed to through traffic at the Columbus Dr. entrance to campus.
- There will be two short-term closures of Ivey Drive occurring some time during Fall semester as Macon-Bibb county installs pedestrian-safety features between University Pointe and the main campus. Vehicular access to University Pointe will not be closed – residents will always be able to access the residence facility from either the north or south end of Ivey Drive.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Macon office of the campus police at 471-2414.