At go-live, on May 26th, 2017, https://gilfind.mga.edu will be redirected to our new catalog interface.
Below are a couple of updates regarding the progress of our implementation:
● We have determined training will be offered during April and throughout the summer and fall. Details will be announced via Inside MGA, with as much advance notice as possible.
● Upon go-live, our patrons will be able to utilize their current MGA email login details for logging into our new catalog interface. Details will be provided during trainings.
● GIL Express (USG community borrowing) will continue to operate; however, a short pause may occur in service (details will be provided). Interlibrary loan will also continue to operate.
Here are upcoming key dates for institution’s implementation:
• 04/01 – 04/28/2017: Training period for MGA library staff & patrons
• 04/24/2017: Cataloging freeze begins; may be difficult to add new items to our catalog
• 05/01/2017: Cutover to new system begins (access may be disrupted)
• 05/21 – 05/25/2017: New items can be added to the catalog
• 05/26/2017: Go live with new system
Our library looks forward to providing you with improved ways to access our materials. However, it might be that last minute issues arise as we get closer to May. If you have any questions or concerns about this migration, please contact Pat Borck at 478-471-2865 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will also be sent to students via The Knightly News. Thank you in advance for your patience.