Commencement is quickly approaching. It is an exciting time for our college as we prepare to send another group of successful graduates out into the non-collegiate world. For those of our faculty and administrators who will be celebrating the success of their students regalia rentals are available.
January 21, 2015
M E M O R A N D U M
TO: Middle Georgia State College Faculty and Administrators
FROM: Dr. Martha Venn, Provost
SUBJECT: ACADEMIC REGALIA FOR GRADUATION, THURSDAY, MAY 14, 2015
Please be reminded that as a member of the Faculty of Middle Georgia State College, it is a privilege and a responsibility to attend our commencement ceremonies each year as outlined in the Faculty Handbook. If you are unable to attend the commencement ceremony, please submit in writing to your Dean information as to why you are unable to attend.
Secretaries in each academic unit have the necessary form for the faculty, chairs, associate deans, and deans to use for ordering graduation regalia. These forms are also made available in the Bookstore for your convenience. If you want the College to rent regalia for you, please place your order in the Bookstore by Thursday, March 5th. Late orders will be the responsibility of the individual. Late orders will have to be processed separately and a rush fee will be applied. Those with questions or concerns, or need assistance in placing a late order may do so by calling Ashley Evans, Director of Campus Stores, at 934-3458 or Ashley Warren, Assistant Director of Campus Stores at 471-2719.
Directions are as follows:
- Fill out your regalia rental information on the order form. This form may be obtained from your department secretary, or in the Bookstore when placing your order.
- Faculty members are to make orders and payments in person in the Bookstore on the campus they chose on their order form beginning January 26th, with all orders and payments due by March 5th. Cash, check, credit or debit cards will be accepted forms of payment. Checks should be made out to Middle Georgia State College.
- Regalia Rental Fees are listed on the new order form. Please note that taxes are not included in the fees listed.
- After orders are placed, they are considered final. NO REFUNDS will be issued for any reason. If additional orders need to be made, we can do that, but an additional fee may be added. Also, if orders are placed after the set deadlines, there are no guarantees that the regalia will arrive in time for the ceremony.
- The Bookstore will have a table set up for returns after graduation. Faculty members will need to return regalia there. There will be NO MASS COLLECTION of regalia like there have been in years past. This is to ensure all regalia orders have been returned completely. In the past, the Bookstore has “taken the hit” on the cost of items that were not returned from regalia orders. This year, each faculty member will return their regalia to a Bookstore representative and have it checked off for a complete return. If a faculty member is missing any items for their rental, they will be responsible for any costs associated with replacing the missing item.
NOTE: Graduation is Thursday, May 14, 2015 at the Macon Coliseum. Josten’s representative promises to make every effort to furnish the correct regalia; however, the chance of having to substitute a hood does exist. Tentative delivery date is 6 weeks from the date of order placement by the College. Gowns will be available for pickup in the Bookstore on the campus in which the faculty designated on their order form.
Click here for: Regalia Order Form