Middle Georgia State University Staff Council Annual Election:
The MGA Staff Council needs staff members to serve as Division/VP Area representatives for the 2017-19 year.
We invite you to self-nominate or nominate one person from your Division/Vice President area. If you nominate someone else, please notify your nominee and ensure there is a willingness to serve for the 2017-19 term (July 2017 to June 2019). The Google nomination form is located here: https://goo.gl/forms/2os1Rf4eTZGEGWa82. You will need to provide the campus email address of the nominee.
The Staff Council is an elected group representing all campuses of MGA. The Council functions to serve the interests of our staff as the Faculty Senate does for faculty. The council was created in 2015 to fulfill any staff governance needs at the newly created university.
The purpose of the Staff Council is to support the overall mission of the University. To accomplish the objectives of the mission statement, the Staff Council will:
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the President and the Cabinet
- Serve as a vehicle for communications between staff, faculty, and the administration
- Promote an atmosphere of cooperation within the University community
- Operate in transparency in communicating the needs of the staff
- Provide opportunities for staff development
- Support opportunities for staff involvement in participation in campus-wide and community service projects.
Staff Council committees include the Communications Committee, the Diversity Committee, the Nominations Committee, and the Professional Development and Staff Recognition Committee, all of which are uniquely fitted to address staff professional growth.
The Staff Recognition committee has organized a new Annual Staff Recognition Program and are currently requesting that you take the time to nominate a deserving staff employee for an award. The deadline is JUNE 1. For all the details please click here:
Should you have questions, please contact the Staff Council Nomination Committee at email@example.com