Check out some of the tutoring services and video streaming resources offered by our Student Success Center.
Student Success Center tutors will gladly assist your students this semester via face-to-face and online tutoring. Students can book tutoring appointments for Accounting, Anatomy & Physiology, APA papers, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Economics, English, French, History, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Spanish, and more!
The SSC provides the following services for tutoring across MGA:
- SSC staff members and tutors are available to speak to your classes at the beginning of each semester, regarding SSC tutoring as well as speak to your classes during the semester about study skills
- A sample syllabi insert for the tutoring locations at MGA is attached for your use
- A notification system, informing when your students go to the SSCs for tutoring: Please let me know if you would like your name added to the notification system
- Students may schedule their own SSC face-to-face and online tutoring sessions through http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center by selecting “Book an Appointment” (this information is included on the sample syllabi insert for your students)
- The Peer Tutor Recommendation Form is now digitized at http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center/recommend-a-tutor.aspx
(please recommend your best students to us to become tutors!)
In addition to tutoring services for students, the Student Success Center also provides video streaming services for faculty; the ending digits of the passwords have changed for the spring 2018 semester. The root passwords remain the same but the ending digits are now 201801. Please call the Macon SSC at (478) 471-2057 if you have questions, regarding password changes.
Feel free to distribute the following link to your students: http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center/ssc-resources.aspx. If you want me (Paul Johnson) to add new videos or to remove old videos, please let me know. If you do not currently use these resources but are interested in streaming films or other resources for the courses you teach, please contact me to discuss the ways in which the SSC can assist you.
In addition to the streaming service mentioned above, the Student Success Center and the Office of Technology Resources have partnered to provide Swank Digital Campus as an academic resource for faculty and students. Streaming through Swank is accessible on PCs, Macs, and handheld devices. MGA has a license for 25 Swank films each academic year. To request a new film for the ’17-’18 academic year, please peruse the Excel file to view the full Swank listing of 22,940 available films, and send your request to the SSC. The SSC lists Swank Digital Campus under “Resources” at the SSC site (http://www.mga.edu/student-success-center). The direct links to Swank Digital Campus are available below:
On Campus viewers (Chrome and older versions of Firefox are best):
Off Campus viewers:
Additional Resources Include:
If you have any other questions regarding SSC resources or workshops, please contact me at the Macon campus at firstname.lastname@example.org, Brock Giddens at the Cochran campus at email@example.com, or Jeannie Ruggerio on the Warner Robins campus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of the SSCs