Since its charter in March 1955, the Lions Club has been active in the community. The following list includes a mere sampling of their involvement:
- Forerunner of the Macon-Bibb Clean Community Commission
- Brought the soap box derby back to Macon
- Funded two scholarships for nursing students annually until after the HOPE scholarship program was in effect
- Supported two nursing home ministries
- Shipped used clothing and materials to Africa and South America
- Helped to start the Georgia Lions Camp in Waycross, GA (cleared land and funded many projects)
- Helped fund the ENT Center at Emory Hospital in Atlanta
While this list does not include all of the good work the Lions Club sponsors and/or participates in, this organization is now partnering with the Office of Veteran and Military Services and Warner Robins Student Life to leave an even larger footprint. Starting immediately, these two offices will collect used eyewear, cell phones and hearing aids. Your donation will help the Lions Club continue to:
- Pay for thousands of eye exams and the purchase of eyeglasses
- Ship thousands of pairs of used eyeglasses overseas, mostly with mission groups to be distributed in third world countries for free
- Recycle hundreds of hearing aids
- Take thousands of pairs of eyeglasses to their sister Lions Club in Pimento Bueno, Brazil and hundreds to Haiti
We will gladly pick up your gently used eyewear, cell phones and hearing aids. All MGA students will be entered to win a new pair of Ray Bans! To drop any of the items, visit Macon Administration Building room 109 OR Warner Robins Thomas Hall Student Lounge.
Donations will be accepted from the MGA campus community, but only current MGA students are eligible to win the Ray Bans. The winner will be announced at the Warner Robins Club Rush at 1:00 PM.