A message from USG…
Deadline Approaching for W-2 Electronic Consent
The deadline to consent to receive your 2018 W-2 electronically, Dec. 31, 2018, in OneUSG Connect is quickly approaching.
Please note: OneUSG Connect will be down during the following time frame:
- 21, 5 p.m. until Dec. 27, 7 a.m.
Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive the W-2 in an electronic format. Once consent is given, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated. If you consented for electronic delivery in ADP, you need to do so again in OneUSG Connect.
It’s easy! Follow these steps:
- Log into OneUSG Connect.
- Click the Taxes tile from Employee Self Service.
- Click W-2/W-2c Consent.
- If you have already consented to receive electronic W-2 or W-2c forms, your status will indicate “Consent received,” no further action is required.
- If your current status is “No consent received,” proceed to step four.
- Click the box for “Check here to indicate your consent to receive electronic W-2 and W-2c forms.”
- Click Submit.
Why should you consent to electronic W-2?
- Online delivery provides access to the W‐2 statement earlier than the traditional paper process.
- Online delivery minimizes the chance that the W‐2 statement will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or misplaced after the employee receives it.
- Employee-sensitive information is safer. Electronic delivery helps ensure that the W-2 is delivered directly to the employee and not opened/seen by the wrong person.
- Employees can retrieve their W‐2 statements at any time of day and on weekends.
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Employees are contributing to institutional cost savings (e.g., forms, printing and postage expense).
- W‐2 statements will remain online for multiple years.
If an employee does not consent, a paper W-2 will be mailed to the current address on record in OneUSG Connect.
For additional information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.